Wednesday 22 February 2012

SKIING!!

So Saturday we decided to head out to Hemlock to go skiing, it was Madeline's first time skiing. We wanted to start when she was 3 but we just didn't find the time to do it. So I signed her up for Skiing Lessons and we were ready to go! She was Super Excited! I decided not to ski this time, as I didn't know how she would do and didn't want to get on skis and then have to right away have to take them off to be with her. Well it went so well that I regretted not putting skis on as well!
Here she is showing off her ski boots! I told her that she had to walk like a penguin in them she thought that was super fun!

 Here she is getting her skis, we decided to rent this time and a few more times to see how she likes it! We are going again on Friday night, Madeline can't stop talking about it! She loves it!
 Here she is waiting for her lesson, so daddy is showing her how to side walk in her skis, to be honest she did get a bit frustrated at the beginning not being able to walk normal and the snow was so slippery she had a hard time moving the skis!
 Here she is with her instructor Teacher Valerie, she was fabulous! I can't believe how fast they get them going up the bunny hill and going down! Wow! At one point 20 minutes into the lessons she started to cry and wanted to see mommy. So I came over and she said mommy my feet her and my legs feel like burning, LOL, she wasn't used to that feeling! Welcome to skiing! I told her to go out again and try a little bit longer, and she loved it!
 Here she is going flying down the hill! She is still trying to get her balance but she did exceptionally well!
We look forward to heading to Hemlock again on Friday night for $5 skiing! Can't wait to see how well she does again!

No comments:

Post a Comment